Dispatcher (SSC) - Texarkana
|Title:||Dispatcher (SSC) - Texarkana|
|Department:||820- Texarkana Communications|
POSITION TITLE: System Status Controller
REPORTS TO: Communication Center Manager
REPORTS TO: Communication Center Manager
SUMMARYResponsible and accountable for the daily implementation of the System Status Plan. Effectively and professionally provides communications and dispatch services for LifeNet ground and air Emergency Medical Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes system status management computer system which monitors, updates, and controls the location and movement of units.
- Receives incoming emergency and non-emergency calls and promptly ascertains proper levels of response; allocates resources to match dynamic system demands.
- Dispatches and maintains radio communications with units.
- Monitors and documents response times of units.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the dispatch center and work area.
- Follows LifeNet guidelines for customer service.
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Investigates and reports all response time exceptions.
- Answers requests and dispatches medical support personnel.
- Completes and submits daily status reports, including response time exceptions, response time reliability, exception percentages (by zone and for overall system), and unusual incidents.
- Monitors system performance and communicates system demands to field while recognizing the needs, capabilities, and limitations of field personnel.
- Responsible for complying with all local, state, and federal employment laws and company policies (i.e., Americans with Disability Act, Affirmative Action Plan, etc.).
- Comply with continuing education requirements and maintain all certifications required by LifeNet, Inc.
- Function as public relations representative when dealing with facilities, agencies, etc.
- Responsible for adhering to all company & departmental policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current EMT certification or will be required to obtain certification within one year of employment
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must type minimum of 30 WPM
- Must have current, valid Driver's License
- Knowledge of local geography
- Data entry skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- LifeNet is a 24 hour operation, shift work is required(Days, Nights, Weekends and Holidays)
- Current Paramedic certification
- BCLS certification
- CPR Instructor certification
- EMD certification preferred upon hire, but required within 90 days of employment
- Occasionally: Hazards, fatigue, boredom
- Frequently: Intense tasks
- Constantly: Repetitive tasks, high pressure, MCIs, high call volume, life and death situations
- Occasionally: Lifting up to 25 pounds
- Frequently: Walking inside and outside, pushing, pulling, balancing, carrying up to 10 pounds, stooping, twisting, bending, leaning, reaching over shoulder level, upper body flexibility
- Constantly: Hearing/listening, seeing, clear speech, touching, typing, kneeling, sitting,\fine hand & finger movement, multiple physical & mental activities performed at the same time
- Occasionally: Confined areas, extended day, extreme heat, dirt/dust, works alone, fumes/odors/mists
- Frequently: Extreme cold
- Constantly: Works with and around others, face-to-face and verbal contact with others, shift work, inside, temperature changes, noise, electrical equipment
- Occasionally: Complex writing
- Frequently: Complex reading, clerical
- Constantly: Simple reading and writing, memorization, analyzing, perception/computation, problem solving, simple math skills, judgment, reasoning, decision making
- Constantly: Maps, pager, telephone recording equipment, digital paging terminal, computer tape drive units, voice recorder tape system, multi-track audio recorder and remote, radio, facsimile, computer/typewriter, computer monitor, keyboard, telephone, calculator, copy machine, stapler, 3 hole punch, switchboard console, television monitor, kitchen appliance, vacuum cleaner, cleaning equipment, security monitors, printers.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications