EMT - Texarkana
|Title:||EMT - Texarkana|
|Department:||100- Texarkana Operations|
POSITION TITLE: Emergency Medical Technician
REPORTS TO: Ground Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: Ground Operations Manager
SUMMARYProvide safe, quality basic emergency medical care and transportation under the guidelines of state protocols and LifeNet standards of care Assist Paramedics with the provision of care Maintain equipment and vehicles utilized in providing service
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with established universal precautions and isolation procedures.
- Assess patient's condition/complaints and carry out appropriate basic life support functions.
- Clean interior and exterior of assigned unit daily.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Follow LifeNet guidelines for customer service.
- Assess injuries and initiate appropriate treatment under the direction of the attending Credentialed Paramedic.
- All aspects of patient movement including, but not limited to, lifting from the ground, lifting a patient while on the cot, lifting a patient in a stair chair, carrying a patient down step in a stair chair or cot, moving patients from one surface to another (cot to bed, cot to bench seat, etc.).
- Administer wound care and apply traction and/or splinting.
- Read maps and route ambulance unit.
- Transport patients to medical facilities.
- Complete patient care reports and other related paperwork.
- Stock medical equipment.
- Gather patient billing information and appropriate billing signatures.
- Complete daily report. Report mechanical problems to Maintenance Department and/or Supervisor.
- Maintain the cleanliness of vehicle and area stations.
- Comply with continuing education requirements and maintain all relevant
- Maintain verbal contact with the Communications Center via two-way radio
- Adhere to established pre-hospital care protocols.
- Function as a public relations representative when dealing with facilities
- Responsible for adhering to all company policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as required
- High school diploma or GED
- Current state EMT certifications in both Arkansas & Texas, EMT-Basic or EMT-Intermediate
- Current state driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Negative DOT drug screen
- Pass DOT physical & lifting requirement
- Current BCLS Health Provider level certification
- HAZMAT & START training within 12 months of employment
- Must be at least 18 years of age, prefer at least 21 years of age
- Must complete a written & oral evaluation, psychomotor evaluation, and complete a field training evaluation period as part of the credential establishing process during the first 90 days of employment
- At least one-year experience preferred
- Ability to locate hospitals and major medical facilities in the area, and ability to maintain effective communication skills with both co-workers, patients, patients' family, and the personnel of base station hospitals and interacting agencies
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Occasionally: Boredom, MCIs, life and death situations, intense tasks
- Frequently: High pressure, fatigue, high call volume, hazards
- Constantly: Repetitive tasks, patient care
- Occasionally: Climbing, kneeling, running distance, reaching above shoulder level, lifting patients weighing greater than 150 pounds
- Frequently: Smelling, sitting, leaning, stooping, bending, climbing, standing, twisting, walking inside & outside, lifting patients weighing not greater than 150 pounds, pushing, pulling, reaching, balancing, carrying equipment and supplies no greater than 70 pounds, fine hand & finger movement, driving ambulance
- Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, seeing, upper and lower body flexibility, multiple physical & mental activities performed simultaneously
- Occasionally: Extreme heat and cold, wet and/or humid conditions, vibration, pressurized equipment, burning materials, moving objects, high places, fumes/odors/mists, gases, toxic conditions
- Frequently: Extended days, inside, outside, temperature changes, mechanical & electrical equipment, confined areas, noise, dirt/dust, other hazardous conditions, human excrement, blood, urine, mucous, tissue
- Constantly: Work with and around others, face to face and verbal contact with others, shift work
- Occasionally: Simple math skills
- Frequently: Complex writing, clerical, analyzing, perception/computation, problem solving, memorization
- Constantly: Simple and complex reading, simple writing, judgment, reasoning, decision making
- Occasionally: Facsimile, kitchen appliances, hose, vacuum cleaner, protective devices and clothing, suction equipment, computer
- Frequently: Telephone, cleaning equipment and supplies, bandaging, medications, airway equipment/airway bag, disposable supplies, durable equipment, trauma bag/box
- Constantly: Ferno & Stryker stretchers, maps, pager, radio
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications