EMT - Denison
|Title:||EMT - Denison|
|Department:||150 - Denison, TX|
POSITION TITLE: Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
REPORTS TO: Operations Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Operations Supervisor
SUMMARYProvide safe, quality basic emergency medical care and transportation under the guidelines of state protocols and LifeNet standards of care. Assist Paramedics with the provision of care. Maintain equipment and vehicles utilized in providing service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with established universal precautions and isolation procedures
- Assess patient's condition/complaints and carry out appropriate basic life support functions
- Clean interior and exterior of assigned unit daily
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Follow LifeNet guidelines for customer service
- Assess injuries and initiate appropriate treatment under the direction of the attending Credentialed Paramedic
- Lift and carry patient to and from the ambulance
- Administer wound care and apply traction and/or splinting
- Read maps and route ambulance unit
- Transport patients to medical facilities
- Complete patient care reports and other related paperwork
- Stock medical equipment
- Gather patient billing information and appropriate billing signatures
- Complete daily report
- Report mechanical problems to Maintenance Department and/or Supervisor
- Maintain the cleanliness of vehicle and area stations
- Comply with continuing education requirements and maintain all relevant certifications
- Maintain verbal contact with the appropriate Communications Center via two-way radio regarding unit readiness, crew identities, location, etc...
- Adhere to established pre-hospital care protocols
- Function as a public relations representative when dealing with facilities, agencies, etc..
- Responsible for adhering to all company policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as required
- High school diploma or GED
- Current state EMT certifications in Texas, EMT-Basic or EMT-Intermediate
- Current state driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Negative drug screen
- Pass physical ability lifting test
- Current BCLS Health Provider level certification
- HAZMAT and START training within 12 months of employment
- Must be at least 18 years of age, prefer at least 21 years of age
- Must complete a written and oral evaluation, psychomotor evaluation, and complete a field training evaluation period as part of the credential establishing process during the first 90 days of employment
- Ability to locate hospitals and major medical facilities in the area
- Ability to maintain effective communication skills with both co-workers, patients, patients' family, and the personnel of base station hospitals and interacting agencies
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- At least one-year experience preferred
- Occasionally: Boredom, MCIs, life and death situations, intense tasks.
- Frequently: High pressure, fatigue, high call volume, hazards.
- Constantly: Repetitive tasks, patient care.
- Occasionally: Climbing, kneeling, running distance, reaching above shoulder level.
- Frequently: Smelling, sitting, leaning, stooping, bending, climbing, standing, twisting, walking inside & outside, lifting not greater than 150 pounds, pushing, pulling, reaching, balancing, carrying no greater than 70 pounds, fine hand & finger movement, driving ambulance.
- Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, seeing, upper and lower body flexibility, multiple physical & mental activities performed simultaneously.
- Occasionally: Extreme heat and cold, wet and/or humid conditions, vibration, pressurized equipment, burning materials, moving objects, high places, fumes/odors/mists, gases, toxic conditions.
- Frequently: Extended days, inside, outside, temperature changes, mechanical & electrical equipment, confined areas, noise, dirt/dust, other hazardous conditions, human excrement, blood, urine, mucous, tissue.
- Constantly: Work with and around others, face to face and verbal contact with others, shift work.
- Occasionally: Simple math skills.
- Frequently: Complex writing, clerical, analyzing, perception/computation, problem solving, memorization
- Constantly: Simple and complex reading, simple writing, judgment, reasoning, decision making
- Occasionally: Facsimile, kitchen appliances, hose, vacuum cleaner, protective devices and clothing, suction equipment, computer
- Frequently: Telephone, cleaning equipment and supplies, bandaging, medications, airway equipment/airway bag, disposable supplies, durable equipment, trauma bag/box
- Constantly: Ferno & Stryker stretchers, maps, pager, radio