Paramedic - Denison
|Title:||Paramedic - Denison|
|Department:||150 - Denison, TX|
POSITION TITLE: Paramedic
REPORTS TO: Operations Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Operations Supervisor
Summary:Provide safe, quality advanced and basic emergency medical care and transportation under the guidelines of state protocols and LifeNet standards of care. Maintain equipment and vehicles utilized in providing service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain high quality of patient care by assuming responsibilities for medical care of the patient and carrying out established policies and procedures
- Respond to requests for emergency medical care, examine patients, and report on patient medical condition to an emergency room nurse or physician via two-way radio or telephone
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator and EKG monitor, telemetry equipment, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, injections, CPR, and other procedures and medications as required
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Prepare and submit EMS pre-hospital forms according to LifeNet standards, patient records, and other forms as required
- All aspects of patient movement including, but not limited to, lifting from the ground, lifting a patient while on the cot, lifting a patient in a stair chair, carrying a patient down step in a stair chair or cot, moving patients from one surface to another (cot to bed, cot to bench seat, etc...)
- Follows LifeNet guidelines for customer service
- Administer wound care and apply traction and/or splinting
- Read maps and route ambulance unit
- Transport patients to medical facilities
- Gather patient billing information and appropriate billing signatures
- Assure that emergency vehicle is completely inventoried, stocked and in good running order throughout the work shift
- Complete daily report
- Report mechanical problems to Maintenance Department and/or Supervisor
- Maintain the cleanliness of vehicle and area stations
- Comply with continuing education requirements and maintain all relevant certifications
- Maintain verbal contact with the Communications Center via two-way radio regarding unit readiness, crew identities, location, etc...
- Adhere to established pre-hospital care protocols
- Function as a public relations representative when dealing with facilities, agencies, etc...
- Responsible for adhering to all company policies and procedures. • Perform other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current Paramedic certification in Texas
- Current Texas state drivers license with acceptable driving record
- Negative drug screen
- Pass physical ability and lifting test
- Current ACLS Provider and BCLS Health Provider certifications
- HAZMAT and START training within 12 months of employment
- Must be at least 18 years of age, prefer at least 21 years of age
- Must pass a written and oral evaluation, psychomotor evaluation, and complete a field training evaluation period as part of the credential establishing process during the first 90 days of employment
- Ability to locate hospitals and major medical facilities in the area, and ability to maintain effective communication skills with co-workers, patients, patients' family, and the personnel of base station hospitals and interacting agencies
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Effective interpersonal skills. • At least one-year EMS experience preferred
- Occasionally: Boredom, MCIs, life and death situations, intense tasks
- Frequently: Fatigue, high call volume
- Constantly: Repetitive tasks, high pressure, hazards, patient care.
- Occasionally: Climbing, kneeling, running distance, reaching above shoulder level, lifting patients weighing greater than 150 pounds
- Frequently: Smelling, sitting, leaning, stooping, bending, climbing, standing, twisting, walking inside & outside, lifting patients weighing not greater than 150 pounds, pushing, pulling, reaching, balancing, carrying equipment and supplies no greater than 70 pounds, fine hand & finger movement, driving ambulance
- Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, seeing, upper and lower body flexibility, multiple physical & mental activities performed simultaneously.
- Occasionally: Extreme heat and cold, wet and/or humid conditions, vibration, pressurized equipment, burning materials, moving objects, high places, fumes/odors/mists, gases, toxic conditions
- Frequently: Extended days, inside, outside, temperature changes, mechanical and electrical equipment, confined areas, noise, dirt/dust, other hazardous conditions, human excrement, blood, urine, mucous, tissue
- Constantly: Work with and around others, face to face and verbal contact with others, shift work.
- Occasionally: Math skills/li>
- Frequently: Complex writing, clerical, analyzing, perception/computation, problem solving, memorization
- Constantly: Simple and complex reading, simple writing, judgment, reasoning, decision making
- Occasionally: Facsimile, kitchen appliances, vacuum cleaner, protective devices and clothing, computer
- Frequently: Telephone, cleaning equipment and supplies
- Constantly: Ferno & Stryker stretchers, maps, pager, IV supplies, bandaging, medications, monitor/defibrillator, radio, suction equipment, airway equipment/bag, disposable supplies, durable equipment, trauma bag/box, drug box
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications