EMT - Hot Springs/Hot Springs Village/Malvern
|Title:||EMT - Hot Springs/Hot Springs Village/Malvern|
|Department:||350- Hot Springs Operations|
|Location:||Hot Springs, AR|
|POSITION TITLE:||Emergency Medical Technician|
|REPORTS TO:||Ground Operations Manager|
- Provide safe, quality basic emergency medical care and transportation under the guidelines of state protocols and LifeNet standards of care
- Assist Paramedics with the provision of care
- Maintain equipment and vehicles utilized in providing service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with established universal precautions and isolation procedures
- Assess patient's condition/complaints and carry out appropriate basic life support functions
- Clean interior and exterior of assigned unit daily
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Follow LifeNet guidelines for customer service
- Assess injuries and initiate appropriate treatment under the direction of the attending Credentialed Paramedic
- All aspects of patient movement including, but not limited to, lifting from the ground, lifting a patient while on the cot, lifting a patient in a stair chair, carrying a patient down step in a stair chair or cot, moving patients from one surface to another (cot to bed, cot to bench seat, etc.).
- Administer wound care and apply traction and/or splinting
- Read maps and route ambulance unit
- Transport patients to medical facilities
- Complete patient care reports and other related paperwork
- Stock medical equipment
- Gather patient billing information and appropriate billing signatures
- Complete daily report.
- Report mechanical problems to Maintenance Department and/or Supervisor
- Maintain the cleanliness of vehicle and area stations
- Comply with continuing education requirements and maintain all relevant certifications
- Maintain verbal contact with the Communications Center via two-way radio regarding unit readiness, crew identities, location, etc...
- Adhere to established pre-hospital care protocols
- Function as a public relations representative when dealing with facilities, agencies, etc.
- Responsible for adhering to all company policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current state EMT certifications in Arkansas, EMT-Basic or EMT-Intermediate
- Current state driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Negative DOT drug screen
- Pass DOT physical & lifting requirement
- Current BCLS Health Provider level certification
- HAZMAT & START training within 12 months of employment
- Must be at least 18 years of age, prefer at least 21 years of age
- Must complete a written & oral evaluation, psychomotor evaluation, and complete a field training evaluation period as part of the credential establishing process during the first 90 days of employment
- At least one-year experience preferred
- Ability to locate hospitals and major medical facilities in the area, and ability to maintain effective communication skills with both co-workers, patients, patients' family, and the personnel of base station hospitals and interacting agencies. Effective oral and written communications skills. Effective interpersonal skills.
- Occasionally: Boredom, MCIs, life and death situations, intense tasks.
- Frequently: High pressure, fatigue, high call volume, hazards.
- Constantly: Repetitive tasks, patient care.
- Occasionally: Climbing, kneeling, running distance, reaching above shoulder level, lifting patients weighing greater than 150 pounds
- Frequently: Smelling, sitting, leaning, stooping, bending, climbing, standing, twisting, walking inside & outside, lifting patients weighing not greater than 150 pounds, pushing, pulling, reaching, balancing, carrying equipment and supplies no greater than 70 pounds, fine hand & finger movement, driving ambulance
- Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, seeing, upper and lower body flexibility, multiple physical & mental activities performed simultaneously
- Occasionally: Extreme heat and cold, wet and/or humid conditions, vibration, pressurized equipment, burning materials, moving objects, high places, fumes/odors/mists, gases, toxic conditions
- Frequently: Extended days, inside, outside, temperature changes, mechanical & electrical equipment, confined areas, noise, dirt/dust, other hazardous conditions, human excrement, blood, urine, mucous, tissue
- Constantly: Work with and around others, face to face and verbal contact with others, shift work
- Occasionally: Simple math skills
- Frequently: Complex writing, clerical, analyzing, perception/computation, problem solving, memorization
- Constantly: Simple and complex reading, simple writing, judgment, reasoning, decision making
- Occasionally: Facsimile, kitchen appliances, hose, vacuum cleaner, protective devices and clothing, suction equipment, computer
- Frequently: Telephone, cleaning equipment and supplies, bandaging, medications, airway equipment/airway bag, disposable supplies, durable equipment, trauma bag/box
- Constantly: Ferno & Stryker stretchers, maps, pager, radio
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications